This is useful for vMAS. Instead of transfering the ISO to the datastore of your VMWARE server, tranfer it to the mas via SFTP then mount the iso with these command.
I use it when installing the Nupoint DVD_2.
Procedure to mount ISO images under Linux
1) You must login as a root user, if not root user then switch to root user using following command:
$ su -
2) Create the directory i.e. mount point:
# mkdir -p /mnt/cdrom
3) Use mount command as follows to mount iso file called disk1.iso:
# mount -o loop disk1.iso /mnt/cdrom
4) Change directory to list files stored inside an ISO image:
# cd /mnt/cdrom
# ls -l
5) When finished you can unmount the cdrom
# umount /cdrom
More about loop device
A loop device is a pseudo-device that makes a file accessible as a block device. Loop devices are often used for CD ISO images and floppy disc images. Mounting a file containing a filesystem via such a loop mount makes the files within that filesystem accessible. They appear in the mount point directory using above commands